I don't think my house and garden has ever been this tidy! I seem to have spent the last few weeks weeding and mulching, dusting and vacuuming. My books are back in alphabetical order, as are the DVDs and CDs. The dog has been groomed so many times that she is starting to feel the cold and I have packed up tubs, cleared away the study and spare room, tidied up everywhere else and ... I'm exhausted! I need a holiday!
Carmel (the housesitter) has arrived and she and Maggie have bonded already ... Maggie is not that happy with me as she knows somethings up! That dog could sulk for Australia!
So for those of you who don't know ... here's the plan for the next three months. On Tuesday, I fly off to Nepal where I will be travelling to the Upper Mustang valley in time for the Tiji Festival. My travelling companions are Carolyn Jerome and Jan White, as well as a German couple, Sigrid and Hannes and Claude from Belgium. I've wanted to visit Mustang for years so this is definitely ticking off something high on my bucket list!
After Nepal, I'm flying to England to complete the final third of the South West Coastal Path (another tick). Unlike my other sections of this walk, I will have company! Liz Grech is walking with me ... from Mevagissey in Cornwall to Bournemouth in Dorset. 25 days and a bit over 200 miles! A delight!
Finally, I hop of a ferry or three to go to the Channel Islands of Jersey and Guernsey, before enjoying lots of food, wine and friends in beautiful France.
So a mixed bag ... but one that I've been looking forward to and planning for quite a long time (damn you, Covid!). I'll try and keep the blog up to date as much as my schedule, location and the (possibly) intermittent Internet allows.


Have a great trip.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to follow this journey Anthea, especially the first part. Namaste.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to follow this journey Anthea, especially the first part. Namaste. Anonymous Kev.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe and rich journey! So looking forward to reading your posts along the way! And visits to pat Maggie xxx
ReplyDeleteWe’ll look forward to your wonderful blogs Anthea. Don’t skip the funny stuff.😁
ReplyDeleteSounds amazing, Anthea. Stay safe (and upright on that walking part). Look forward to reading all about it. Anne W
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo, have a great time. We’ll have to have a slide night when we’re all back in the country!
ReplyDeleteLooking forwared to updates. Have a great time.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels Anthea. Hope your buckets fill to overflowing. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete